Monday, August 07, 2006

Acknowledgments and Thank You

I would like to acknowledge the following people who helped make my experience at the Cornell Medical School and NYPH one that I will never forget:

Dr. Jonathan W. Weinsaft
Dr. Matthew Janik
Dr. Matthew D. Cham
Dr. Howard Riina (for allowing me to observe neurosurgery)
Dr. Karl Krieger (for letting Julius and I observe the CABG)
Dr. Jorge R. Kizer (for being a test subject for your THICK study)
Nurse Lily S. Yee (for explaining the echocardiogram I received for the THICK study)

Thank you to all the nurses and residents in 4 North for answering all my questions; to the technicians in the MRI, CT, SPECT (aka nuclear medicine), Echocardiogram, Interventional Radiology (neurology), and Catheterization (cardiology).

Thank you to my fellow colleagues in the program: Julius for allowing me to see how that aneurysm was clipped along with our adventures throughout the city, Rachel for being able to organize all the events and outings, Christine and Flor for the games of pool, Vishal and Ben for the card and domino games, Jun and Jesse for heading out to grab wings and beer, Evan and Alex for the best locations in the Wholesale district, Robbie and Daniel for your experiences in HSS, and to everyone who related their stories and projects during our meetings and experiences.

A big thank you to Dr. Yi Wang for organizing this opportunity to experience the medical field and also to Belinda Floyd for taking care of all the paperwork, all the arrangements, and accommodations (this would not have worked out if it were not for you!).

Thank you once again to everyone. This experience will not be forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home